- No reason given for the sudden rush to have a high cost mail-in ballot when school and city elections are less than a year away.
- Has not clearly identified for what capital projects the new tax revenue will be used.
- Contracts for $385/square foot LEED certified buildings which have not shown any improved performance,
- Declining (1000 student/year) enrollment yet continues to expand facilities instead of instruction,
- Builds cathedrals to ignorance and useless buildings when APS could use existing facilities, (Such as the new teacher training center on Louisiana and Comanche).
- Is Albuquerque's largest real-estate holder of vacant land and buildings.
- Shows no concern for the impact of low income renters and home owners who are already struggling to make ends meet.
- Shows no concern for the negative economic impact this regressive tax will be on the city of Albuquerque.
WE WILL CONTINUE TO URGE ALBUQUERQUE VOTERS TO VOTE NO ON THIS ELECTION UNTIL THE APS BOARD CAN GIVE US COMPELLING REASONS WHY THIS TAX IS NECESSARY.
Sign the Petition - Click HERE!